JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
8K has definitely been a welcome upgrade, albeit one that arrived well after the "golden age" of JAVR. Non-JAVR had long since abandoned 4K for 5-6K, now at 7-8K. I can go back as far as 2021 and still have good clarity (but even worse male breathing issues, aargh). Wouldn't have purged so many JAVR titles if they weren't poor to look at (the difference between simply watching and being in the video, as you've previously mentioned).

VRKM, BIBIVR, SAVR - all KMP studios that flood the catalogue with forgettable, mechanical releases. Remove them and the medium looks to be on life support. Most of those 55 videos are KMP offerings :(. Yep, not interested in any upcoming releases myself. BIBIVR-118 looked interesting at first, but only like Satsuki Ena out of the lineup.

image.png

Just on the first page alone...

Since the start of 2024, Moodyz has released 16 works, S1 27 works, and Idea Pocket 13. Downloaded 3 from Moodyz, 1 from S1, and 0 from Idea Pocket. They don't shoot often, so months pass before a desired title pops up. My dislike of S1's catalogue, despite them averaging 5 releases a month, comes down to personal preference. Can't please everyone.

Even worse than second-rate actresses are those that used to be great but ruined themselves. Tenma Yui and Mori Hinako spring to mind. Have to avoid them now they've undergone such distracting surgeries, removing a small chunk of upcoming releases right there.

The streaming service model encouraging quantity over quality doesn't spark confidence for dedicated fans. I wonder who is truly satisfied with current JAVR offerings...

I did note you weren't pleased with the Prestige release. After the disappointing studio collab releases, keeping all future anticipations tempered.

What do I like? Hmm... intimate, single/double actress works that are passionate and engaging - a GFE experience. Actresses that stare deep into your eyes and interact with the camera naturally. Works where each scene has utility (e.g. Mei Miyajima's DSVR-1417). Big boobs are a cherry on top :D
(but even worse male breathing issues, aargh)
I haven't noticed this in VR yet, do you have an example? In the countless 2D videos I've watched I can count on one hand the times I heard the cameraman breath in the mic. I will say that when I've heard it, it's always really bad. He's so out of breath, as if he just ran up 20 flights of stairs.
Tenma Yui and Mori Hinako spring to mind. Have to avoid them now they've undergone such distracting surgeries, removing a small chunk of upcoming releases right there.
I'm glad she did many VR's prior to her current appearance. I Wish a VR existed with her natural face, along with then called Arisu Mizushima. In IESP-652 you can see them both all natural, and in my opinion their prettiest aswell.

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
I haven't noticed this in VR yet, do you have an example? In the countless 2D videos I've watched I can count on one hand the times I heard the cameraman breath in the mic. I will say that when I've heard it, it's always really bad. He's so out of breath, as if he just ran up 20 flights of stairs.
It's rare to hear the cameraman breathing in 2D. My gripe lies more with the actor - don't want to hear him at all. I always liked the POV format, so the logical next step was VR.

In non-JAVR (CzechVR, WankzVR, BaDoinkVR, RealJamVR, VR Bangers) more scenes than not have it. In older scenes it was a feature almost. Not sure why the producers think we want to hear it. Such poor quality control in 2024 is unacceptable. Pick any release and it'll have it most likely. Have no idea how fans put up with it. Am I being too particular, or are they too horny to care? :rolleyes:

In JAVR, 2 works that especially annoyed me are Hana Himesaki's DSVR-1229 (scene 3) and Imai Kaho's CJVR-024 (scene 2) - scenes of moderate/high intensity. The others were more subtle but annoying nonetheless. Nowadays it is largely a non-issue. Regardless, I prefer to check a release via cloud torrent first before downloading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tana_vak

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
It's hard to stay alone in JAV VR, true... I think we are worse off now than we were 2 or 3 years ago.. Not in technical quality, 8K has been the salvation, despite the mediocre bitrate of Fanza, but in content and actresses.

For me the vast majority of current VR actresses are second rate, especially those using KMP, DSVR, AQUA, USVRSP.... Only the exclusive actresses of Moodyz, Idea Pocket or S1 break the rule, but they use them very little. And some good freelancers also appear very little.

Since streaming subscriptions are a priority, 10 times more VR movies are released, but 10 times more mediocre, because they have 10 times less budget for each title, and 10 times less time to shoot them. Possibly that's why there are so many second and third rate actresses.

And since there are more movies, at least there could be more variety of content or more fetish titles as you say, but no, they are all clones of each other. Especially KMP (VRKM and SAVR).

At JavTrailers there are 55 VR titles to be released in the next few weeks, and I'm interested in... zero. Not a single one. Either they are girls I don't find attractive, or they have fake tits, or the ones I like only show clothes, or there are no face-to-face missionary shots. Zero titles.

In the last few months I'm pretty much only watching a few S1, Moodyz and IdeaPocket titles, and occasionally Kawaii and URVRSP, but much less frequently than before. The return of Prestige has also been a complete disappointment. That's why it hurt me, that the next Moodyz VR will be with Riho Matsumoto, another second-rate actress who also repeats 6 times in 15 days... Let's see what S1 and Kawaii announce for May... It's the only thing I have left.

But well, I guess this is a matter of taste. I'm sure @teiji_ishida and other people have enjoyed Remu's oily return, and someone will enjoy KMP or DSVR titles, they've been shooting the same movies for months.

The most frustrating thing is what you say, you see amazing and gorgeous actresses in flat JAV, and those same studios don't shoot with them in VR.

Anyway, At least I found some title I liked in April, I'm surprised you didn't, @enduraVR . What kind of VR do you like??
Technically, I didn't really enjoy Remu's new VR film. Sure, I was wowed by the superb VR quality and how pretty Remu was in that film (and oil). But I lost my boner several times while watching it. As you mentioned, there weren't many closeups and she's mostly faraway. Also, the editing was pretty bad compare to many other studios (there were several awkward cuts mid scene). Not to mention the scale was off. I kinda regret buying it tbh. Next time, I'll trust the trailer and pictures more instead of buying into the hype of her return lol.

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
Wouldn't have purged so many JAVR titles if they weren't poor to look at

Are you sure you are getting the highest possible image quality on your Quest 2? I haven't had to delete any VR at 4K because it looks bad, I see them well enough to be believable, to feel inside the movie, if it is immersive.

VRKM, BIBIVR, SAVR - all KMP studios that flood the catalogue with forgettable, mechanical releases.
70% of the VR movies coming out are from KMP, and in my opinion, they are doing a great disservice to the medium. They are mediocre, boring, they have no passion, and they are all clones of each other. To top it off, in the last few months the level of their actresses have plummeted. At least two years ago they used top freelance actresses.

They just get people tired of VR.

Something similar happens with SOD VR, since they multiplied by 4 their releases, a year ago. At least they have more original and varied titles, but you can tell they are shot in a hurry by people who have no idea what VR is, they are not very immersive and are half-baked. You only need to compare them with titles like the ones you mention, Mei Miyajima's DSVR-1417. They used to release one or two titles a month like that, now every 2 or 3 months, and that's if they release them again....

Like you, I don't demand all titles to be the way I like. But if at least these studios put effort into releasing 2 or 3 quality titles a month, I'd be satisfied.

What do I like? Hmm... intimate, single/double actress works that are passionate and engaging - a GFE experience. Actresses that stare deep into your eyes and interact with the camera naturally.

Well, those are the titles I like the most, and I did find some very good ones in April. For example SIVR-337 with Yura Kano or SIVR-334 with Yuka Murakami. They are GFE, very immersive VRs, the actresses are beautiful and act naturally, they look at you in the eyes, and really make you feel like you are there with them. Another thing is if you don't like the actresses, that's a matter of taste. We both are waiting a VR with Wei Washio...

Same, partially due to no lesbian content.

That's what I can't stand, that there are no lesbian VRs. If now with subscriptions they don't care about sales, all the more reason to make some, but not even so...

I don't know why but many popular actresses don't do many VR's when I think about it. To be fair it takes some skill to perform in VR

Shooting a VR is demanding. You have to spend an hour and a half with the camera glued to your face or your body, smiling, talking, transmitting emotions. In some AI translations I've done, some films have more than a thousand lines of dialogue from the actress. It's not easy, and possibly they charge more money for shooting VR than for a flat film.

It's very likely that some important actress refuse to shoot VR because it's overwhelming, but I don't think it's most of them. Many have shot a few, like Honjo Suzu or Remu Suzumori, and then disappeared for years. It's more of a studio issue than an actress issue.

My impression is that the popular actresses ask for more money to shoot in VR, because are more difficult, and they are very exposed to the camera (you can see even the pores of the skin) and the studios either don't accept, or only very occasionally.

My gripe lies more with the actor - don't want to hear him at all.

I don't like to hear the actor either. In some western VRs (when I watched them) I have even deleted the movie, because the actor moaned like a cow. In JAV VR, as far as I can remember, I've only heard him once or twice.

I don't like to see the guy's body either, that's why I don't like massage or soapland movies. And that's why I was so disappointed with Remu's new movie.

I Wish a VR existed with her natural face, along with then called Arisu Mizushima. In IESP-652 you can see them both all natural, and in my opinion their prettiest aswell.

There are some VRs from 2018, when she was Arisu Mizushima, and I think she was all natural. She looks like another person... .But the picture quality is very bad, and so are the movies.

GOPJ-365

h_1127gopj00365pl.jpg

GYA-001

h_1325gya00001pl.jpg

GOPJ-288

h_1127gopj00288pl.jpg

As you mentioned, there weren't many closeups and she's mostly faraway. Also, the editing was pretty bad compare to many other studios (there were several awkward cuts mid scene). Not to mention the scale was off.

Exactly. Even if I liked the oil or the massages, I don't think I would have liked it either. As you say, the camera is always far away, and there is very little interaction with Remu, it's a movie where you just watch. And yes, the scale is wrong, Remu looks too big.

Unfortunately they won't let me write a review on A Festa, as it was a preorder with the exclusive videos, when I go to write the review it tells me that the movie doesn't exist....

Last edited:

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Are you sure you are getting the highest possible image quality on your Quest 2? I haven't had to delete any VR at 4K because it looks bad, I see them well enough to be believable, to feel inside the movie, if it is immersive.
Modern 4K releases are of acceptable quality I'd say. Some releases look noticeably worse than others, older 4k titles really showing their age. 8K is a breath of fresh air. Going back and forth between 4K, low bitrate 8K, and high bitrate 8K empathises the flaws of lower resolutions.

Won't download SIVR-334, but a decent release. Yura Kano's work fell a little short for me also. Similar to Miru in a way - very passionate, but doesn't quite hit the spot.

We both are waiting a VR with Wei Washio...
Have a feeling we'll be waiting a long while... :( She better not up and retire on us!

I don't like to hear the actor either. In some western VRs (when I watched them) I have even deleted the movie, because the actor moaned like a cow. In JAV VR, as far as I can remember, I've only heard him once or twice.
It is very obnoxious. Won't be subjecting myself to that again. Hated anticipating a release just for it to be ruined by the guy making himself the centre of attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walle12