Download dead/slow torrents with PikPak - a game changer

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
Posting this as a PSA as it has been extremely useful for me, but seems relatively unknown.

PikPak is a cloud torrent and file storage site that maintains an enormous cache of torrents. They are based in Singapore IIRC so coverage is especially good for Asian content but more often than not, whatever it is I am searching for is cached on PikPak. When the first user requests a torrent, it is downloaded and saved on PikPak's servers, making it immediately available for anyone who requests it after that. In other words, the files don't need to be downloaded from bittorrent, and this means in many cases torrents that are dead are still available on PikPak.

Free accounts (what I have) let you have 6GB storage, but you can save files to your computer then delete from your account to free up storage. And you are only allowed 3 torrents per day. What I do to make sure I don't waste them on unavailable torrents is go to the main page for PikPak and paste the magnet link; if it is available on PikPak you will see a screenshot of the video and something like "Cloud Download estimated to take: X.Xs". (Although there are some cases where they have 99% of a file and it won't show that estimated time, but if you add it the video will still be there, maybe just some ads or junk files are missing).

Upgrading to premium gives you unlimited downloads and 10TB of storage, and the price seems good at ~$5/mo. Again I haven't upgraded, I only have a free account and it is enough for me, just a bit limited in what I can download because of space.

I hope it doesn't sound like I am advertising them, I am just sharing my experience with it as it is really an amazing tool to find hard-to-find content and save time & frustration on incomplete torrents.

One caution though: if a torrent is still available on the bittorrent network but has only a few seeders, and isn't already cached on PikPak, it's better to download it the old-fashioned way and seed it to keep it alive. PikPak doesn't seed torrents (very disappointing), so by downloading a dying torrent that won't be reseeded, you might actually be killing it forever.

Bonus note: for finding torrents I use https://btdig.com. It monitors the DHT network to show every torrent it has ever seen on the network so it saves me some hunting around torrent sites or missing hard-to-find torrents. The site is rudimentary but it is great how comprehensive it is.

Back to PikPak, using a referral code to sign up gets you extra days of free premium (10 days) and I would get a couple days free too (I don't get money). (I decided to put the code on my profile page so you can find it there, mods please let me know if that's not allowed, I don't want to be spammy)!

Last edited:

Verloc

Dec 22, 2021
Game changer, indeed! I think I've got the hang of it now. Downloading stuff that I had given up on! Thanks!

The Edge extension keeps getting stuck at 10%, so it looks like adding manually will be the way for the time being. Also, I'm not receiving any results searching in the Web Drive. I only get results from the main page (where it says "Try It Free").

Thanks, yellowvac!

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowvac

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
Game changer, indeed! I think I've got the hang of it now. Downloading stuff that I had given up on! Thanks!

The Edge extension keeps getting stuck at 10%, so it looks like adding manually will be the way for the time being. Also, I'm not receiving any results searching in the Web Drive. I only get results from the main page (where it says "Try It Free").

Thanks, yellowvac!
I haven't tried the extension, or I think there's an application too, I think it lets you select multiple files at one time to save to your computer (one annoying thing about the site is you can't download a folder all at once from the drive to your PC, you have to save one file at a time...)

For searching torrents I don't think you can do that from PikPak, you'll need to go somewhere else like https://sukebei.nyaa.si and grab the magnet link. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Like I said above, I usually use https://btdig.com - it doesn't track # of seeders and there aren't the best options for sort/filter, but if the torrent exists (and isn't only available on a private tracker), it will be listed on btdig. This is because it is essentially "listening" on the DHT network which most bittorrent clients use to share metadata directly peer-to-peer, so any torrent it has ever seen transferred on the network will be shown without the need for any tracker/indexer. There's no guarantee that all the torrents you find will be live, but if you can't find a torrent on btdig, you won't find it on any public tracker.

Anyway, glad the code works and that I can help out, cheers ^_^

Reactions: Shinto1337

Verloc

Dec 22, 2021
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I actually wasn't searching for torrents in PikPak. I grabbed the magnet links (or torrents) from elsewhere, and then entered it in PikPak. I only got results from the main page. Now I realize that search field in the Web Drive section is only for the files on your Web Drive and that's why it wasn't bringing up any results at all.

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I actually wasn't searching for torrents in PikPak. I grabbed the magnet links (or torrents) from elsewhere, and then entered it in PikPak. I only got results from the main page. Now I realize that search field in the Web Drive section is only for the files on your Web Drive and that's why it wasn't bringing up any results at all.
I don't think I even noticed that search box before, well I only ever have a few files on there at a time so not much need to search. As you figured out, you have to click the blue "cloud download" button and enter the magnet link there.

Shinto1337

oi! :D
Apr 12, 2016
Hey thanks for the letting us know. It works amazingly well and I could find some old old stuff!
I have a question regarding the storage limit.

Sometimes I will have a folder which has a bunch of stuff inside and therefore exceed the 6gb limit.
Is there any way to take only the .mp4 or .avi file from there?

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
Hey thanks for the letting us know. It works amazingly well and I could find some old old stuff!
I have a question regarding the storage limit.

Sometimes I will have a folder which has a bunch of stuff inside and therefore exceed the 6gb limit.
Is there any way to take only the .mp4 or .avi file from there?
I'm glad some people are learning about it, it should be better known in the west! Unfortunately no, you have to take the whole torrent. What I usually do is add a torrent to PikPak and download the files I want from it to my computer, and then delete it all from PikPak to keep the space open.

The limit is you still can't ever add torrents that are over 6GB with the free account, which means you can't get those big torrents with collections of movies. I wish you could just select the files you want, but they don't let you. But I'm usually able to find everything I need in torrents under 6GB. If you do upgrade to premium, the limit is crazy, like 10 terabytes, I feel like you could never use that much (I think it is easy for them to offer since everyone sort of shares the same files on their servers, at least for torrents).

PM me if you want a referral code to get a bonus (not sure if you have to use it when you create the account or if you can put it in when you upgrade, but it's worth trying).

Shinto1337

oi! :D
Apr 12, 2016
y
I'm glad some people are learning about it, it should be better known in the west! Unfortunately no, you have to take the whole torrent. What I usually do is add a torrent to PikPak and download the files I want from it to my computer, and then delete it all from PikPak to keep the space open.

The limit is you still can't ever add torrents that are over 6GB with the free account, which means you can't get those big torrents with collections of movies. I wish you could just select the files you want, but they don't let you. But I'm usually able to find everything I need in torrents under 6GB. If you do upgrade to premium, the limit is crazy, like 10 terabytes, I feel like you could never use that much (I think it is easy for them to offer since everyone sort of shares the same files on their servers, at least for torrents).

PM me if you want a referral code to get a bonus (not sure if you have to use it when you create the account or if you can put it in when you upgrade, but it's worth trying).
I see. That sux :S
I am trying to make a list of stuff that I want and then get the premium for 1 month and download all of these movies and be done with it.
I will let you know for the referal code if it does anything :belajar:

rezuman666

Jul 11, 2022
What the hell... this actually works!! I didn't believe it when I first saw this thread, but I just tried it and was able to download a movie from 2007 that I thought was lost. Its only comment on JavLib was a Chinese torrent posted in 2021... but PikPak actually grabbed it.

No idea what sorcery they use to do it, but what a great find, OP, thanks for posting about this! I guess I will be spending some time now revisiting JAV that I couldn't find any active download links from.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
What the hell indeed, this is like magic! I tried it yesterday and was blown away by the ease at which I could download long dead torrents and fill some holes in my movie collection. I went ahead and got platinum (used Paypal for this without issue) and have been downloading non-stop. I just was able to instantly access a 250 GB Max-A megatorrent with movies going back as far as 2005. Big thanks to @yellowvac for his PSA.

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
What the hell... this actually works!! I didn't believe it when I first saw this thread, but I just tried it and was able to download a movie from 2007 that I thought was lost. Its only comment on JavLib was a Chinese torrent posted in 2021... but PikPak actually grabbed it.

No idea what sorcery they use to do it, but what a great find, OP, thanks for posting about this! I guess I will be spending some time now revisiting JAV that I couldn't find any active download links from.
No sorcery lol, just a lot of server space. And probably a very large Asian user base (I don't know what countries it is most popular tbh but it is definitely not a niche site).

What the hell indeed, this is like magic! I tried it yesterday and was blown away by the ease at which I could download long dead torrents and fill some holes in my movie collection. I went ahead and got platinum (used Paypal for this without issue) and have been downloading non-stop. I just was able to instantly access a 250 GB Max-A megatorrent with movies going back as far as 2005. Big thanks to @yellowvac for his PSA.
Haha that's the same way I felt when I discovered it in some obscure outdated forum somewhere :D That's why I took the trouble to write out everything I knew about it here so everyone else can discover it too.

For others if you're gonna sign up/buy premium I would love if you get a code from me (I'm not getting money, just a little bonus of premium days which is so nice to have)! (*actually I went ahead and put the referral code on my profile page, and also if you already signed up you can still enter the code for 12 hours and get the 10 days free).

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinto1337