MVG-069

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
I have been watching MVG-069 and am wondering if anyone could tell me what is happening at the beginning of the JAV?
We see the teacher listening in on a conversation of 3 or 4 girls then being found out.
Does anyone have any idea what the girls are discussing?

gregorsamsa

Apr 6, 2024
My Japanese is still lacking, but there is this key word that tells everything, at around 2:23: 援助交際 (enjou kousai)*, "compensated dating", which is a fancy way of phrasing prostitution, especially with schoolgirls etc. I don't know much about the age of consent in Japan, but I've read that recently the laws around all this have been becoming stricter, which is good. As far as I understand, you can't even use 女子高生, "high school girl" or "JK" in JAV titles etc.

Though I would still wait for someone more experienced in Japanese, as she's pronouncing it in a strange way, as if it's "NGS Kousai" or something, i.e. there is an "s" there that shouldn't be in the first word in enjou kousai. And these awful subtitles pick up on that and reflect it as "Engeos Kousai", which can be intrpreted back (due to massive homophony of Japanese) as エンジェオス交際, which would indeed be "Engeos Festival", whatever that is. So, even though the subtitles are awful, they reflect that strange pronunciation. Though maybe it's a whole 'nother word. But 援助交際 just fits too well

Man, that poor teacher. I've been a teacher for quite a while myself, and now I just can't watch that kind of stuff. Teachers are not appreciated much almost anywhere, and to have such criminals at your school (which you just cannot NOT report since if it's ever found out, you'll have huge problems either way)... I would not wish it on anybody

Even if somebody made me watch this, I would only be thinking about how rotten the world is that even in Japan such stuff happens (otherwise, there wouldn't be so many JAV about it, right?). You have this naive dream of teaching children something that will help them in their life, make their life more interesting and fulfilling, but then some lazy punks who don't know anything better to do with their life (for which I blame the parents and the society in general as well, hence, politicians most of all, as the ones bearing the most responsibility for how the society works as they are the ones who decide on the whole law system) than to sell their body for sex (though prostitution is OK in my opinion, it should be a conscious choice and some high-level stuff like the whole courtesan stuff that Hesse writes about, for example, so that the women don't have to have any thugs parasitizing off them; and it should be legal, so that the whole pimping stuff doesn't exists as well)

But the way Japan and most of the world is now, prostitution is often the last resort a woman has, and there is a whole set of leeches that surround her to "protect", "support" etc. Watched a JAV, my ass. That stuff is no jerking matter!.. Well, at least I've though of a nice pun

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for the reply . I have a app that translates written Japanese which is handy. Although with subs on jav you have to figure out if you are translating traditional chinese, taiwan chinese or japanese (which I believe is modified chinese) !
A few things I have found out re Japanese schools that people my find interesting.
A pupil can finish school at age 16 or stay on till 18. 70% stay on.
A female teacher by tradition should remain single. This may have changed though over the last few years. Its not illegal.
By extension that to me means the teacher should be a virgin?
Its common for a Teacher to leave a class for hours and control is maintained by the senior pupil.
If you search 援助交際 on Wiki theres a lot about what the phrase means. Too much to write here.

Last edited:

gregorsamsa

Apr 6, 2024
Well, 援助交際 is a serious problem, at least it has been for years, so it's not a surprise for me that Wiki covers it extensively :)

As for the requirements for the female teacher to be a virgin, I think it would be unconstitutional. Maybe there is still such a thing as expectation, at least young females might be expected to keep their personal life secret (kinda similar to idols), but remaining virgins... I don't think even Japan does that. Though they still do a lot of crazy stuff school-wise, or at least have been until very recently

To have robots rolling around, yet still force students to look as similar to each other as possible. But hey, it's just that we are gaijin, we wouldn't ever understand

And as for Japanese and Chinese, Japanese is not modified Chinese, it just uses kanji, which is roughly "Chinese characters adopted for Japanese use" a lot (though it also uses two of its own syllabaries... which also based on Chinese characters... it's complicated and weird when you try to explain it briefly). Basically, Japanese just uses "Chinese" writing (though even the characters are not 1:1 the same as in Chinese) to write out roots of the words, but all the endings (which are not present in Chinese grammatically) and Japanese grammar, interjections, loanwords from Western languages etc. are written in "their own" syllabaries. So, you can actually find words that are written the same in Chinese and Japanese, but that would be mostly because they are either very basic simple concepts — or terms borrowed from Chinese. And even in that case, these words would be read differently, since the Japanese borrowed their reading into their own phonetic system, and it was a long time ago

To give you just one example, 愛 ("love") seems to be using the same character in China and Japan, and the pronunciation is quite close, but 手紙 ("hand" + "paper") means "letter" in Japanese but "toilet paper" in Chinese (though even "Chinese" itself is a generalization since even in China, there are multiple dialects)

To put it another way, Japanese is its own language, but it uses a lot of words borrowed from Chinese, and its writing system includes kanji (which are very close to traditional Chinese characters since they were borrowed from China as well, as Japanese did not have its own writing system, or at least none that was widely used) and two other systems based on Chinese characters as well. It's similar in some ways to English and French actually: English has a lot of French vocabulary, and it uses the Latin alphabet (although it uses it differently), but these are two different languages

Also, I haven't studied this particular aspect, but I would guess that Japanese kanji are much closer to traditional Chinese characters (used in Taiwan but also in some other places) than the simplified ones (used in China itself, first of all)

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Well, 援助交際 is a serious problem, at least it has been for years, so it's not a surprise for me that Wiki covers it extensively :)

As for the requirements for the female teacher to be a virgin, I think it would be unconstitutional. Maybe there is still such a thing as expectation, at least young females might be expected to keep their personal life secret (kinda similar to idols), but remaining virgins... I don't think even Japan does that. Though they still do a lot of crazy stuff school-wise, or at least have been until very recently

To have robots rolling around, yet still force students to look as similar to each other as possible. But hey, it's just that we are gaijin, we wouldn't ever understand

And as for Japanese and Chinese, Japanese is not modified Chinese, it just uses kanji, which is roughly "Chinese characters adopted for Japanese use" a lot (though it also uses two of its own syllabaries... which also based on Chinese characters... it's complicated and weird when you try to explain it briefly). Basically, Japanese just uses "Chinese" writing (though even the characters are not 1:1 the same as in Chinese) to write out roots of the words, but all the endings (which are not present in Chinese grammatically) and Japanese grammar, interjections, loanwords from Western languages etc. are written in "their own" syllabaries. So, you can actually find words that are written the same in Chinese and Japanese, but that would be mostly because they are either very basic simple concepts — or terms borrowed from Chinese. And even in that case, these words would be read differently, since the Japanese borrowed their reading into their own phonetic system, and it was a long time ago

To give you just one example, 愛 ("love") seems to be using the same character in China and Japan, and the pronunciation is quite close, but 手紙 ("hand" + "paper") means "letter" in Japanese but "toilet paper" in Chinese (though even "Chinese" itself is a generalization since even in China, there are multiple dialects)

To put it another way, Japanese is its own language, but it uses a lot of words borrowed from Chinese, and its writing system includes kanji (which are very close to traditional Chinese characters since they were borrowed from China as well, as Japanese did not have its own writing system, or at least none that was widely used) and two other systems based on Chinese characters as well. It's similar in some ways to English and French actually: English has a lot of French vocabulary, and it uses the Latin alphabet (although it uses it differently), but these are two different languages

Also, I haven't studied this particular aspect, but I would guess that Japanese kanji are much closer to traditional Chinese characters (used in Taiwan but also in some other places) than the simplified ones (used in China itself, first of all)
I said by tradition and custom working women are expected to remain single. Or so it used to be and of course attitudes change over time. Its never been illegal and I imagine as long as the woman is discreet no one is espcialy bothered.
As a aside there was a article in my paper about Japan saying out 1600 CEOs only 5 are women. So perhaps times are not changing that much.