Question about the legality of U15 gravure idol videos

Kartoo4

Jun 27, 2024
Hi everyone!
Let me preface this by saying that I'm still relatively inexperienced when it comes to Japanese culture/language/JAV/gravure content etc. and my tech skills aren't exactly fantastic.

A few days ago I stumbled upon a Facebook page containing lots of gravure idols of varying ages. They were identified by name in the posts and I googled some of them.
In this particular instance, there was a girl that caught my eye. In the video section of the Facebook page there was a clip of a gravure photoshoot and the corresponding code.
I just kept doing some research on that particular girl and looked up the code on a very popular DHT search engine whose name rhymes with ''fig'' (not sure I'm allowed to name it) and was redirected to the FBI homepage.
I obviously crapped my pants even though the FBI doesn't have any jurisdiction in my country and the fact that it was simply a gravure photoshoot of an idol which I'm guessing is 14-15. Just the typical U15 gravure photoshoot. No nudity whatsoever, just some questionable angles and very skimpy outfits. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Which is perplexing since just by googling her name (two common Japanese names - that's it, two words) and clicking ''images'' you can see plenty of her photoshoots and even a thumbnail that links to the video that got me into trouble. Once again I googled the code and downloaded the video through a filehost.
Some of the DVDs are on sale on Amazon and there's even some of her photoshoots here on this site that have been hosted on FileJoker for a few years.

In the meantime, I read up a bit on the subject - which led me to join this community - but I still can't shake off this uneasy feeling.
I'd really like to know if collecting that type of content (in this case U15 gravure videos) is perfectly legal, which I'm assuming to be since this community is very overt in discussing it. And if we're being factual is very little different from downloading underage K-pop idols fancams, TikTok or Instagram videos etc.

I'd like to hear your input and thanks for reading!