JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
It does not give me any error, it works perfectly. I don't know why you have an error. The only thing I can think of is that you are using a model that is too big for your graphics card.

If, for example, you use the large one, go down to the medium, and try to see if you still get the error.

Untitled 2.jpg

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Yeah, I also watched the new Remu vid last night and I agree its a disappointment. Overall, I still enjoyed PRDVR-048 the best along with PRDVR-044. At least those were GFE experiences.

IMHO, the best thing about it was the pre-order bonus actually. Who knew it would be so fun to watch a naked girl being tickled in VR. I wouldn't mind if they made more of that.

But hey, we all got it to support Prestige's return to VR. Hopefully the next few titles will be better, eh?

Reactions: Walle12

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Ichika is great. She has a lot VRs, but I recommend you DSVR-816 and CJVR-019.

3dsvr-0816-jpg.2323186

Although you can see the ugly guy in the photos, don't worry, the movie is POV.

cjvr-019-jpg.2958369
While I really like Ichika, somehow I find that I'd rather watch those titles where Nagase Yui is also in it. Those 2 just have such great chemistry together that it just feels a little lacking somehow when they're on their own.

At least they made 3 VR together before Yui retired.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
I now remember why non-JAV VR irks me so much. Guy breathing into the mic - the bane of my existence! Why... so much for an immersive experience. Glad Japanese VR studios have found a way to bypass this issue. Almost every video has this dealbreaker. I will treasure the few good Western videos as they are one in a thousand. Was excited to explore non-JAV VR, but quickly turning my focus back to JAV VR. A more refined product overall.

PRVR-081 was a let-down, as was IPVR-265. No more getting excited for collab releases. The upcoming KAVR-361 seems more of the same. Would prefer in-house collabs as opposed to two studios pairing up.

Not all doom and gloom however. Lesbian is rare, but titles like NHVR-197 and URVRSP-245 are incredible (URVRSP-297 also). 70% of the remaining videos in my folder are single-actress, with the rest mainly 2-3 actresses, so not too big on harems after all.

DSVR-1417 with Mei Miyajima (8K) was a recent download - had overlooked her, but she is amazing in VR. Some ladies are just breath-taking, and she is one of them.

Nozomi Ishihara's MDVR-259 (8K) is in my top 5 videos for sure. More of this! Sakura Miura's MDVR-249 (8K) is on a similar level. So intimate, lots of eye contact, varied positions with the integral ones present - wonderful. Moodyz, Kawaii, and S1 are the leaders of Japanese VR in my book.

Only two Soft on Demand titles survived the purge. Really enjoyed DSVR-1369; a unique theme. The intense eye contact and feigned indifference on the women's part I found really stimulating.

Das seems to only have Akari Mitani and Ichika Matsumoto, but I love both so not an issue. Ichika's DSVR-041 is very nice. Mainly just cowgirl and blowjobs, but immersive enough for me - or maybe I just like her that much.

Definitely will upgrade the 4K releases I have to their 8K variant where applicable.
Btw, how are you organizing your media files?

If you figured out Stash, can share what it takes to make the scraping work?

If you're not using anything, I recommend setting up XBVR to work with Heresphere. Its brilliant.

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Btw, how are you organizing your media files?

If you figured out Stash, can share what it takes to make the scraping work?

If you're not using anything, I recommend setting up XBVR to work with Heresphere. Its brilliant.
Not currently utilising anything other than an external hard drive and USB 3.0 cable for file transfer onto the device. I'll mess around with XBVR now and see if I like it

Last edited:
Reactions: Tana_vak

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Not currently utilising anything other than an external hard drive and USB 3.0 cable for file transfer onto the device. I'll mess around with XBVR now and see if I like it
Haha, its worth the effort once you see how it looks in Heresphere as compared to having to browse through the folders.

If you need any help, feel free to ask since I do know how to setup XBVR. I just can't get the actor scraper to work.

My only complaint about it is the javlibrary scraper doesn't seem to be working anymore and that was the best one, IMHO, since it is consistent and uses the original Japanese naming order. javdatabase uses the western naming format while jav.land is inconsistent and uses both plus they can also get the spelling wrong every so often,

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
But hey, we all got it to support Prestige's return to VR. Hopefully the next few titles will be better, eh?

I would love to watch a "girlfriend experience" with Remu or other Prestige girls.

I bought the VR knowing I wasn't going to like it, just to support the return of Prestige. Like you, I liked much more the 5 minute bonus of the preorder. But it's pretty annoying that Prestige considers a minute of kissing a "bonus", which is included as standard on almost all VRs....

The tickling with feathers in the other bonus video was worth it, I was quite excited to watch her writhing her naked body. I also liked seeing her laugh a bit, because in the movie she's pretty distant.

While I really like Ichika, somehow I find that I'd rather watch those titles where Nagase Yui is also in it.

Yes, they made a very good couple. We miss Nagase Yui, she was one of a kind. Now she is not given the recognition she deserves, but we will also miss Ichika a lot when she retires, there won't be another one like her.

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
Yes, they made a very good couple. We miss Nagase Yui, she was one of a kind. Now she is not given the recognition she deserves, but we will also miss Ichika a lot when she retires, there won't be another one like her.
I agree, she's very cute, I wish she did more VR titles. Sadly she got a nosejob that changed her whole appearance. If you are curious just download one of her photobooks, you can use BBAN-365 as a comparison incase you watch 2D aswell. She retired shortly after so there might not be a VR title with her new appearance. That said, I wish BBAN-365 was in VR though.

Side note;

MDVR-200 with Yui Nagase and Ichika Matsumoto is a great title and it has a little lesbian in it aswell, always nice.

Attachments

• MDVR-200.jpg
    MDVR-200.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
MDVR-200 is great.
don't understand those nosejobs on perfect women.... :(

That said, I wish BBAN-365 was in VR though.

I would pay anything for that VR or something similar. ...... It's a tragedy that Bibian hasn't shot VR for years.... Let's see if now that new studios are trying out 8K VR, they'll be encouraged to come back... :metabelo:

By the way, the ranking of the top 5 best-selling movies at A festa.... :p

Untitled 1.jpg

I don't know if Remu's new VR is selling much, at least it has 5-10 times more stars (people put it on the to-buy list) than the usual releases. But if it sells well, maybe it will encourage SOD VR and other studios to shoot VRs with their top actresses...

Reactions: Tana_vak

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
It does not give me any error, it works perfectly. I don't know why you have an error. The only thing I can think of is that you are using a model that is too big for your graphics card.

If, for example, you use the large one, go down to the medium, and try to see if you still get the error.

View attachment 3475127
Unfortunately I get the same error with medium model. Large-v3 model was only using 4/10GB VRAM and only 75% GPU resource, so I don't think my GPU is causing the problem. It must be some software conflict I have. Oh well. Thanks for the help. I guess since I still have workable subtitles, it isn't that much of a big deal.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
With 10 GB of VRAM you should be able to use the Large model without any problem. I have used it with 8 GB.

I don't know what it could be due to. Using Faster-Whisper? Try the other options... I'm glad you at least get the translation, but those errors can mean mistranslated phrases....

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
DSVR-1417 with Mei Miyajima (8K) was a recent download - had overlooked her, but she is amazing in VR. Some ladies are just breath-taking, and she is one of them.
Thank you for recommending DSVR-1417, @enduraVR. I don't know how I could have missed it, as it has everything I like. Probably because I have had little interest in SOD VR for the last 6 months.

Besides, the 8K version at 100 Mbps is now on sale at A Festa... Downloading 52 GB, it has to look awesome!

By the way, I don't know if Mei Miyajima has "enhanced" boobs.... Sometimes she looks like she has, sometimes she hasn't....

dsvr-1417-jpg.3413668

Last edited:
Reactions: enduraVR

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Thank you for recommending DSVR-1417, @enduraVR. I don't know how I could have missed it, as it has everything I like. Probably because I have had little interest in SOD VR for the last 6 months.
Glad you liked it, it's a rare gem from SOD. I also glossed over it it somehow when browsing the catalogue, much like I do with KMP and other studios. Wonder how long we'll have to wait for another solid release...

Besides, the 8K version at 100 Mbps is now on sale at A Festa... Downloading 52 GB, it has to look awesome!
:eek: Jealous! Makes 13Mbps look like a bad joke in comparison. The space savings are nice, but certainly not on par with higher bitrate 8K works.

By the way, I don't know if Mei Miyajima has "enhanced" boobs.... Sometimes she looks like she does, sometimes she doesn't....
Her and Aoi Ibuki (MDVR-280) look almost flawless. If both are natural, they've been blessed with very symmetrical, full breasts - and if enhanced, the surgeon did a very good job. A case where the photoshopped cover looks identical to the real thing - don't see that too often.

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
With 10 GB of VRAM you should be able to use the Large model without any problem. I have used it with 8 GB.

I don't know what it could be due to. Using Faster-Whisper? Try the other options... I'm glad you at least get the translation, but those errors can mean mistranslated phrases....
Hmm...can you do me a favor? Can you generate "PRVRSS-001-Takumi8-spw-R1" with medium model and post here? I want to see if it matches exactly with the one that I'm generating.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Hmm...can you do me a favor? Can you generate "PRVRSS-001-Takumi8-spw-R1" with medium model and post here? I want to see if it matches exactly with the one that I'm generating.
Can you generate it twice in a row on your pc and have it match exactly? I never could with whisper.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
The translation will never match. Precisely because it is an AI translation. Even if you translate the same text several times in a row, it will always be different.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
It's not random, it's just that the IA interprets it differently. Possibly it will say something equivalent, or with the same meaning but with other phrases. But it will not be the same translation.

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
It's not random, it's just that the IA interprets it differently. Possibly it will say something equivalent, or with the same meaning but with other phrases. But it will not be the same translation.

I don't have any experience with AI translation, but as someone who speaks the language to a degree, my guess would be that it's becuase Japanese is a context heavy language with inflections. Not knowing the context like a human would might be why it gives you different results each time.

I don't know whether it translates each sentence alone or whether it uses past ones to be more accurate in addition to that.

Mezurashii means unusual or rare on it's own, but in a conversation that single word can mean something like (that was a wierd coincidence). Like I said I don't have any experience with this, but I think it's probably partially due to this.

Side note;

DSVR-1417 and MDVR-280 look great, would not have seen them if they weren't mentioned her ;)