Self-hosted "Stash" app

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

zombierambo

高鼻子外国人
Feb 8, 2022
Anyone else using Stash? https://github.com/stashapp/stash

It's a self-hosted browser-based organizer which I started using it recently, it's working great although scraping for JAV does not seem to be working perfectly for me, wondering if anyone else here is using it or has had success with scraping JAV.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Always good to see stuff like this be done and open source, first time I'm hearing of that one.

Is the metadata retrieve able to be exported for use in other software or is it only for internal use inside of stash, which would limit its usefulness(in my eyes at least)?

Many people around here use JavLuv for JAV scraping.

The problem with JAV is that there are no good database online for it so it's all incomplete or unreliable information that gets scraped and I'm picky which is why I did my own scrapers to get info from the official sites and translate it myself as needed.

zombierambo

高鼻子外国人
Feb 8, 2022
Always good to see stuff like this be done and open source, first time I'm hearing of that one.

Is the metadata retrieve able to be exported for use in other software or is it only for internal use inside of stash, which would limit its usefulness(in my eyes at least)?

Many people around here use JavLuv for JAV scraping.

The problem with JAV is that there are no good database online for it so it's all incomplete or unreliable information that gets scraped and I'm picky which is why I did my own scrapers to get info from the official sites and translate it myself as needed.
It is completely open and there is a metadata database online here: https://stashdb.org/

There is an API so the way it works is users can tag scenes and movies and then upload the metadata to stashdb and share it to the community. It also generates pHashes for scenes (analyzes the video) to identify scenes and give them a unique key for scraping, it's an impressive system.

I'm familiar with JavLuv but I haven't used it, the main reason why is because I run Stash with Unraid and keep files like these on a homelab server.

Here's a huge list of scrapers which Stash supports, some are JAV focused but overall my experience with scraping JAV using this is that a lot of metadata is still missing: https://github.com/stashapp/CommunityScrapers/blob/master/SCRAPERS-LIST.md