DVD code on cover and code from DMM differs -- which is right

angelito

Oct 10, 2008
I want to upload an MKV and ISO version of a video, however, the DVD code on the cover and the DVD code at DMM are different. Which one should I follow?

I asked this in my other topic on this thread but I did not get a clear answer which code to follow.

Incidentally, neither of code exist in Akiba, but I still wish I could get a clear answer.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Use the DVD code on the cover if they differ. I know that DMM is usually as accurate as DVD covers but there are occasions where they differ. You can and should also link to DMM when you post your rips. That way users can easily get more information on the title.

angelito

Oct 10, 2008
I was thinking of putting both codes to warn against possible double posting if this is ok.

Thanks for the advice.

Use the DVD code on the cover if they differ. I know that DMM is usually as accurate as DVD covers but there are occasions where they differ. You can and should also link to DMM when you post your rips. That way users can easily get more information on the title.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I was thinking of putting both codes to warn against possible double posting if this is ok.

Thanks for the advice.

If you put the cover code on the title, and put both codes in the body of the post, and state which is the cover and which you found on the site.

At the moment I am already discussing that very issue, here is the code if you want to check it by the search, as an example, EIGHT-082D, I print off the cover and it still looks like 082D, but some say it is 092D, take a look to see if you can make up your mind :pandalaugh: