JavLuv JAV Browser

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Hi. I see you can now upload a new cover picture inside on the movie details, that's really good then you don't need to go out all the time but can go to next movie. However you can only upload a new picture when there is another one in place, when no picture no upload :(

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
@TmpGuy Tested the new scraper with 22 new movies and all released within the last year. Im on 900mbps/900mbps and roughly get 112MB a second each way but its taken like 12 minutes to scrape 4. I use a VPN but ive tried it both ways.

Even though its taking ages, It seems to be scraping the correct info which is a Huge Win.
Agreed, it took me around 1GB and 1 hour to scrap 40 movies. The good point is I got almost all of it except movies with code ABF, I don't know why though.

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
Hi. I see you can now upload a new cover picture inside on the movie details, that's really good then you don't need to go out all the time but can go to next movie. However you can only upload a new picture when there is another one in place, when no picture no upload :(
I think you can do this in browser view.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Hey man, i dident know that, now i just need to go in and check first and back to add the picture instead of staying inside and just go to next movie or what was it you wantet to say ?

Make sure "Show advanced options" is checked in Settings, then you'll see this right-click option in the browser view:

1724003668146.png

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
The latest update should improve scraping speed a bit. I've also added a new actress site scraper, so hopefully it will catch a few more actresses. Let me know if you see improvements in speed or accuracy.

laminar

Mar 28, 2024
Thanks bro. I catched a few more actresses thanks to the update.
I was thiking of a potential update for your tool: extract the actor names from avdanyuwiki.com + search on actor name
Personnaly I love watching a very cute actress having sex with an ugly/fat/old man :)
On this site 90% of the movie name is in this kind of format SSIS00xxx (instead of SSIS-xxxx)
But there are exceptions. For instance abf remains abf-xxxx. Quite weird !
What do you think ?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
With no - and two 0s, it's the DMM format.

Many of the people who do the rips don't care so they use the code from where they ripped it instead of consistently using the dvd/bd code. If the website getting the data does the same, you get a big mess like what you're describing.

Same thing happens with MGstage rips where their 3 number manufacturer code gets added before the dvd code.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks bro. I catched a few more actresses thanks to the update.
I was thiking of a potential update for your tool: extract the actor names from avdanyuwiki.com + search on actor name
Personnaly I love watching a very cute actress having sex with an ugly/fat/old man :)
On this site 90% of the movie name is in this kind of format SSIS00xxx (instead of SSIS-xxxx)
But there are exceptions. For instance abf remains abf-xxxx. Quite weird !
What do you think ?

I previously took a look at support for male actors. My general impression is that this would be a lot of work for a feature most people aren't interested in, so I'm probably not likely to support it. There are just too many other potential features to work on first.

I've seen some examples of what SamKook indicated was the DMM format. I have to be careful I don't introduced false positives, but it doesn't seem too difficult to add that as a detectable format.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Hi. Can you add something so it will check for double folders, i am realy tired of always cleaning up on (2) or (3) folders. It happens when rescanning or moving or what do i know, its just really annoying.

jaychou321

Jun 21, 2013
Thank you for making this wonderful program, TmpGuy.

I've just set up a NAS server and made a duplicate of my library. How do I change the library folder from my old HDD to my NAS server?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi. Can you add something so it will check for double folders, i am realy tired of always cleaning up on (2) or (3) folders. It happens when rescanning or moving or what do i know, its just really annoying.
Yeah, that's a safety measure to ensure JavLuv doesn't accidentally overwrite folders if one of the same name already exists, but it seems to happen unnecessarily at times. I've seen it happen to me as well. I'll see if I can figure out what's causing this issue.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thank you for making this wonderful program, TmpGuy.

I've just set up a NAS server and made a duplicate of my library. How do I change the library folder from my old HDD to my NAS server?

The easiest way would have been to select all movies and use the right-click Move command. But if you've already copied everything, just use the Remove From Library command to clear everything, then rescan the folders on your new NAS.

Reactions: jaychou321

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Can you change it so when importing cover image that the picture doesn't disappear from the source folder. So amercing irritating to find the pictures every time is needed again on the internet.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Can you change it so when importing cover image that the picture doesn't disappear from the source folder. So amercing irritating to find the pictures every time is needed again on the internet.

Yeah, I'll change that. I suppose it's kind of non-standard behavior to delete a source file on import.

spazhead

Jun 12, 2024
hi there, feature request
if possible, have a check mark to disable meta scanning, allow us to scan files without gathering meta so that I can move and rename amateur/unknown JAV like FC2-PPV files more quickly
Thanks for all the great work!

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Hi. I have added the Title to the filename {DVD-ID} {TITLE 100} ({YEAR}) but some titles have some weird symbols or characters and i am getting error messages. Which characters will give error messages in Javluv when used in the filename, so i can remove them.
I read only that these symbols are forbidden in windows filename so why do they come into the name when renaming in Javluv. *"/\|<>:?!

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi. I have added the Title to the filename {DVD-ID} {TITLE 100} ({YEAR}) but some titles have some weird symbols or characters and i am getting error messages. Which characters will give error messages in Javluv when used in the filename, so i can remove them.
I read only that these symbols are forbidden in windows filename so why do they come into the name when renaming in Javluv. *"/\|<>:?!

JavLuv is supposed to detect illegal path characters and substitute with legal Unicode equivalents. It sounds like you may have found a bug in that filter, or maybe something else is going on. If possible, I'd like to get your logs and the name of the movie that's causing issues so I can try to reproduce the problem.

Test title with all illegal path characters appended to the end (both folder and filename tested):
1726161704557.png
1726162439898.png

Last edited: