JavLuv JAV Browser

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
hi. when i make collection because i had to make again i have already around 6000 movies, many dont have the picture. The picture is in javluv base folder or in old javluv database. Why dont the system look for the picture offline when its not online. ?
Why does the pictures in database have these cryptig number names instead of the real name and why does it not take the picture when its in database ?
Now i have to import so many pictures manually.
As I understand it, JavLuv will go to various databases and "scrape" data relating to the imported movie. Unfortunately, that's not a foolproof process so, yes, you will need to manually go out and find cover art. JavLuv does allow you to edit information, including the year the movie was made, actresses, studio etc.

But I don't know how I could possibly organize my near 5,000 movies without JavLuv!

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
hi. when i make collection because i had to make again i have already around 6000 movies, many dont have the picture. The picture is in javluv base folder or in old javluv database. Why dont the system look for the picture offline when its not online. ?
Why does the pictures in database have these cryptig number names instead of the real name and why does it not take the picture when its in database ?
Now i have to import so many pictures manually.
JavLuv only downloads cover images when it's originally scraping metadata, as it's part of that process when it finds images. I've got a to-do task listed to allow users to separately try to find and download cover images separately, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. The scraper should find the image when initially scanning if it's next to the movie and named similarly.

JavLuv only stores cover image thumbnails in the database, and it uses "cryptic names" because those are only stored to improve performance when browsing. For actresses, I store a unique ID in the database because , actress names aren't guaranteed to be unique.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
As I understand it, JavLuv will go to various databases and "scrape" data relating to the imported movie. Unfortunately, that's not a foolproof process so, yes, you will need to manually go out and find cover art. JavLuv does allow you to edit information, including the year the movie was made, actresses, studio etc.

But I don't know how I could possibly organize my near 5,000 movies without JavLuv!
you dont read what i write, i said i have them already on the base folder. Just irritating that it cant take them automaticly from the basefolder. They are all named with Movie ID xxxx-xxx.jpg.
And as i said they are also in the database but using different name. I am asking for a way that it dosent use long time to search the new when they are local anyway.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
you dont read what i write, i said i have them already on the base folder. Just irritating that it cant take them automaticly from the basefolder. They are all named with Movie ID xxxx-xxx.jpg.
And as i said they are also in the database but using different name. I am asking for a way that it dosent use long time to search the new when they are local anyway.

Does right-click Scan Files pick up the cover images?

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
I think you need to tell TmpGuy more clearly about what you mean, because I too don't really understand your statements.
In my understanding about your problem, you have around 6000 movies and you have all of its cover pictures from other source than JavLuv, and now you want to use JavLuv to organize your movies, but JavLuv not recognized those covers? Is this what you mean?

In my experience using JavLuv, when I move my movies (along with its covers and nfo files) to another storage, I just rescan the whole folders and everything are available again in JavLuv without any problem.