JavLuv JAV Browser

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
@TmpGuy Do you think it is possible to add an advanced function such as filter search? So we can search more detailed movies. I think the search bar is quite good but it is a little cramped when we need to search some combination of genre or actress or etc. Maybe make a search box for parameter ID, actress, genre, date, label, etc individually.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy Do you think it is possible to add an advanced function such as filter search? So we can search more detailed movies. I think the search bar is quite good but it is a little cramped when we need to search some combination of genre or actress or etc. Maybe make a search box for parameter ID, actress, genre, date, label, etc individually.
I've kicked around some ideas about a more advanced search option, able to do more things like restrict dates, save common queries, etc. But it's really more about very limited time for working on JavLuv, along with more precisely nailing down how that advanced feature would work - that is, what do I want it to do that's either impossible or clumsy currently.

For the time being, I'm focusing on more core functionality like adding new scrapers for movies or actresses JavLuv can't currently find, fixing bugs, and minor quality-of-life features. I haven't really decided for certain on what the next major feature will be, but I'm leaning towards genre and studio management pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: lock_on

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
The new scrapers are definitely working better and faster, I recently started using Bitdefender AV and when I regenerate metadata or scan I get these warning messages, the second one is less often. They are not causing issues but don't if missing out on some benefit if the scrapers.

Online Threat Prevention
The page https://3pkf5m0gd.com/ has been detected with suspicious activity. It is not recommended to continue browsing this website. Accessed by: msedgewebview2.exe

Online Threat Prevention
The webpage https://fc8oa.bemobtrcks.com/ has been detected as suspicious. Although the page is not blocked, it is not recommended to continue browsing this page. Accessed by: msedgewebview2.exe

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Would it be possible to include subtitles when JavLuv moves a movie from one folder to another. I started keep the subtitles next to a movie. All other objects are included in the move.,

Reactions: Fetterbr

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
JavLuv is supposed to detect illegal path characters and substitute with legal Unicode equivalents. It sounds like you may have found a bug in that filter, or maybe something else is going on. If possible, I'd like to get your logs and the name of the movie that's causing issues so I can try to reproduce the problem.

Test title with all illegal path characters appended to the end (both folder and filename tested):
View attachment 3542574
View attachment 3542575
Here is an example where the dash is in the folder and filename. I am using BRU to cleanup the names but a rescan in javluv bring everything back again

Attachments

• Dash in folder and filename.jpg
    Dash in folder and filename.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 11

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Would it be possible to include subtitles when JavLuv moves a movie from one folder to another. I started keep the subtitles next to a movie. All other objects are included in the move.,

JavLuv should do that if it knows about the subtitles. Make sure you add subtitles by right-clicking on the cover image and importing them. This will also allow you to filter only subtitled movies if you want. A movie should have a subtitle indicator in the lower right hand side of the cover. See the images in the first post of this thread for an example.

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
I create subtitles using SubtitleEdit and it automatically saves them in the folder of the video, thanks for clarification, I will try to remember to import subtitles when I move movies.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Hey TmpGuy, I think you once told me how to add two versions of a movie. For example, a hard-subtitled movie and an uncensored movie. Can you tell me how to do that again? Also, as a feature, it would be great to be able to sort by uncensored movies. You have a check box for hard subtitles. Is it possible to add one for uncensored? Thanks again for all your hard work. JavLuv is invaluable for my enjoyment of collecting.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you're not using auto-move/rename, just drop the second movie in there and rescan files. If you are using auto-move/rename, you can use A/B/C suffix. This is normally meant for movies split across multiple parts, but could also be used for different versions of a movie.

Glad JavLuv is still mostly working for people. I haven't had a lot of extra time to work on it recently, as life tends to gets in the way, etc.

You can search only a specific thread to make things easy to find. When you type something in the top right search bar of the forum, just select "This thread" instead of "Everywhere" and you can even type in a name below that to search only the posts of a specific user to narrow it down even more.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Here is an example where the dash is in the folder and filename. I am using BRU to cleanup the names but a rescan in javluv bring everything back again

You say "dash in folder and filename". What's wrong with that? Dashes are not illegal characters. Could you clarify what errors exactly you're seeing, or what you're expecting to see?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hey TmpGuy, I think you once told me how to add two versions of a movie. For example, a hard-subtitled movie and an uncensored movie. Can you tell me how to do that again? Also, as a feature, it would be great to be able to sort by uncensored movies. You have a check box for hard subtitles. Is it possible to add one for uncensored? Thanks again for all your hard work. JavLuv is invaluable for my enjoyment of collecting.

In settings, you can designate certain patterns as "movie exclusions" in the Scanning section. If you want to add a tag like [uncensored] to the end of movies, JavLuv will add those in addition to. An alternative method is to use the multi-part movie feature, appending movie names with -A, -B, etc.

Here's an example of me using that method on one of my movies:
1726436688605.png

My plan is to someday expand the tagging feature to allow for user-customizable types of movies. Not sure when I'll get to that though.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
You say "dash in folder and filename". What's wrong with that? Dashes are not illegal characters. Could you clarify what errors exactly you're seeing, or what you're expecting to see?
sorry i meant the asterisk sign *
sorry i meant the asterisk sign * you can see it when you open the picture

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
sorry i meant the asterisk sign * you can see it when you open the picture

The path filter should substitute an equivalent Unicode character, just like for other illegal characters. I'm not sure why you'd have issues.

Any chance you could send me a PM with your logs attached? That might help narrow down what exactly is happening.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
The new scrapers are definitely working better and faster, I recently started using Bitdefender AV and when I regenerate metadata or scan I get these warning messages, the second one is less often. They are not causing issues but don't if missing out on some benefit if the scrapers.

Online Threat Prevention
The page https://3pkf5m0gd.com/ has been detected with suspicious activity. It is not recommended to continue browsing this website. Accessed by: msedgewebview2.exe

Online Threat Prevention
The webpage https://fc8oa.bemobtrcks.com/ has been detected as suspicious. Although the page is not blocked, it is not recommended to continue browsing this page. Accessed by: msedgewebview2.exe

I've done a bit of preliminary investigation in how I can prevent the webview2 component (the executable listed) might be excluded from certain pages, but have not had any luck. It would be nice to eliminate these false positives, but as far as I can tell, there's no actual threat here.

Reactions: bestbuy

maload

Jul 1, 2008
do you have easy way for adding tag to images ??
something like tag in this program but can use on my personals image
so i can find images easier if it have tag in it

Doodledo

Nov 27, 2017
I don't know if something has changed or if i messed up a setting but I'm pretty sure that if you ticked the "move and rename" setting before it would work without moving the file to the any specific library folder, it would just create the folder and rename it where the file was.
I already had my movies sorted in category folders, and come to realize now that a bunch of folders have been moved to a library folder and got all mixed which kind of sux.
Did i miss something??

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I don't know if something has changed or if i messed up a setting but I'm pretty sure that if you ticked the "move and rename" setting before it would work without moving the file to the any specific library folder, it would just create the folder and rename it where the file was.
I already had my movies sorted in category folders, and come to realize now that a bunch of folders have been moved to a library folder and gpt all mixed which kind of sux.
Did i miss something??
Sorry, no, JavLuv has always required Move/Rename to use specific folders. I've got a task request to allow in-place file renames, but for now, you're required to specify a specific folder destination when using that feature.

Reactions: Doodledo